When you insert slides from a file into a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation by using the Slides.InsertFromFile method, the slide formatting is lost.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix:
2412275 Description of the Office PowerPoint 2007 hotfix package (Powerpoint-x-none.msp, Pptconv-x-none.msp): October 26, 2010
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type InsertSlideFromFileKeepSourceFormatting, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click InsertSlideFromFileKeepSourceFormatting, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.