- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista or a later version of Windows. The User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows.
- You click to select the Enable Protected Mode check box for the following zones in the Windows Internet Explorer 8 security settings:
- Internet zone
- Local intranet
- Trusted sites
- You install the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services add-in on a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 server.
- You run the SharePoint 2010 server in either the Local mode or in the Connected mode.
- You publish a report on the SharePoint website. For example, you publish a Microsoft Access 2010 web database that contains a web report to the SharePoint website.
- You install the RSClientPrint ActiveX control in Internet Explorer 8 to enable report printing.
- You access the SharePoint website by using Internet Explorer 8 and try to print the report.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To work around this issue, disable the protected mode for the Local intranet zone and for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer 8. To do this, follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer 8, click Tools on the menu, and then click Internet Options to open the Internet Options dialog box.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, click the Local intranet zone, and then click to clear the Enable Protected Mode check box.
- On the Security tab, click the Trusted sites zone, and then click to clear the Enable Protected Mode check box.