- Two members of a Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) array host Forefront TMG 2010 Firewall Service.
- You stop one member of the Forefront TMG array.
This loop occurs when a connection for a data pump is routed to the same local address that initiated the data pump.
- When this issue occurs, Web publishing fails, and then an instance of the 500 internal server error occurs. Also, flood mitigation quotas are reached, and then some alerts are raised.
- The communication between the two instances of Forefront TMG Firewall Service uses remote procedure calls (RPC). This RPC traffic is the traffic that initiates the continuous loop that creates new connections.
- The Windows dead gateway detection mechanism of Forefront TMG Firewall Service routes the data pump traffic to the same local address.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Article ID: 2445979 - Last Review: Nov 16, 2010 - Revision: 1