From Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.5 and later versions, both the Microsoft ODBC Driver and OLE DB Provider support ONLY Oracle 7 and Oracle 8i with the following limitations:
- Oracle 8.x-specific data types, such as CLOB, BLOB, BFILE, NCHAR, NCLOB, and NVARCHAR2, are not supported.
- The Unicode feature against Oracle 7.x and 8.x servers is not supported.
- Multiple Oracle client instances, or multiple Oracle homes, are not supported because they rely on the first occurrence of the Oracle home in the SYSTEM PATH variable.
- Returning multiple resultsets from a stored procedure or batch SQL statement is not supported using ADO or OLEDB.For additional information about how to retrieve a resultset from an Oracle stored procedure, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:255043 How to retrieve ADO recordset from Oracle through ASP using REF CURSORS176086 HOWTO: Retrieve Recordsets from Oracle Stored Procs Using ADO
- Nested outer joins are not supported.
- XML persistence is not supported.
- Version greater than 8i are not supported using this drivers.
Article ID: 244661 - Last Review: Jul 7, 2009 - Revision: 1