- User A and User B are using Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- User A uses the Office Communicator 2007 R2 version 3.5.6907.83.
- User A is an owner of a security group or a distribution group.
- The URI of User A appears in the email address field of the group properties.
- User A tries to send an instant message to User B.
Note This issue does not occur if User B searches for User A by using Office Communicator 2007 R2 before User A sends the instant message.
- Delete the email address attribute from the security group or the distribution group that matches with the URI of User A.
- Replace the email address attribute in the security group or the distribution group by using a unique email address.
Article ID: 2447995 - Last Review: Dec 17, 2010 - Revision: 1