Setup failed while copying the encryption key used for storing configuration secrets, to the replicated Configuration Storage server. As a result, storing and exporting secrets, such as user credentials, will not be available on this Configuration Storage server.
Additionally, these error messages are logged in the Forefront TMG 2010 installation log.
- The installation log is located in the following folder:%systemroot%\temp
- The name of the log file is ISAFWSV_<ran_num>.LOG. <ran_num> is a placeholder for a random three-digit number.
- Contact CSS to obtain the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:2433623 Software Update 2 for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1
- Create a slipstreamed installation that includes this software update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Copy the whole Setup DVD for Forefront TMG 2010 RTM to c:\TMG on your local hard disk drive.
- Download Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) from the following Microsoft webpage.
Run the following command. This command slipstreams Forefront TMG 2010 SP1 into a RTM slipstreamed installation.msiexec /a c:\tmg\fpc\ms_fpc_server.msi /p TMG-KB981324-amd64-ENU.msp /qb /L*v c:\tmg\sp1.log
- Download Update 1 for Forefront TMG 2010 SP1 from the following Microsoft webpage.
Run the following command. This command extracts the .msp files from Update 1 for Forefront TMG 2010 SP1:TMG-KB2288910-amd64-ENU.exe /t <DestinationPath>
- Run the following command. This command slipstreams Update 1 for Forefront TMG 2010 SP1 into the slipstreamed installation.msiexec /a c:\tmg\fpc\ms_fpc_server.msi /p TMG-KB2288910-amd64-ENU.msp /qb /L*v c:\tmg\sp1update1.log
- Run the following command. This command slipstreams this hotfix into the slipstreamed installation.msiexec /a c:\tmg\fpc\ms_fpc_server.msi /p TMG-KB2433623-amd64-GLB.msp /qb /L*v c:\tmg\sp1update1-2433623.log
- Run Setup.exe for the slipstreamed installation to install the replica of the Forefront TMG 2010 EMS. .