Setup error messages or symptoms
Error message 1
Error message 7
You cannot select x64 bit installation.
Some components are missing on the Select Component page of Setup.
Error messages in SQL Server Setup log files
Note For more information about SQL Server Setup log files, refer to the following topic in SQL Server Books Online:
Error message 1
Event Viewer error message
- The installation media is damaged.
- The installation source is corrupted.
- Download the SQL Server image again from the original location, and then rerun the Setup program.
- If you installed SQL Server over a computer network, install it again from a local drive, and then rerun the Setup program.
- Rename the Setup.rll file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Locate and then click the following folder:C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2008R2\resources\1033
- Right-click Setup.rll, and then click Rename.
- Type setup.rll.old, and then press Enter.
- Rerun the Setup program.
- If you are using a localized version of SQL Server, you can change the operating system settings to support localized versions. For more information about how to change the operating system settings, go to the following Microsoft website:
IMPORTANT Installations of different language versions of SQL Server instances on the same computer are not supported.
- To verify your installation media by using the Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier tool, go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about how to install SQL Server 2008 R2, go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about known issues when you install SQL Server on Windows 7 or on Windows Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 955725 List of known issues when you install SQL Server on Windows 7 or on Windows Server 2008 R2
Article ID: 2449398 - Last Review: Jul 12, 2013 - Revision: 1