When you click Send/Receive in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, you do not receive new email messages.
Step 1: Restart OutlookTo quit Outlook, click Outlook on the toolbar (top), and then select Quit. If you cannot quit Outlook or do not know how, hold down the Command and Option keys, and then press Esc on your keyboard. Select Outlook in the Force Quit Application window, and then select Force Quit. Click Force Quit to quit the application.
Note You cannot quit Finder.
When you are finished, click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the window.
Start Outlook again, and then click Send/Receive. If the issue continues to occur, go to the next step.
Step 2: Verify that you can connect on the webFirst, test to see whether you can sign in by using the web-based application. For example, if you have a Gmail account, visit gmail.com, and then sign in.
If you can sign in, go to the next step. If you cannot sign in, contact your email provider to obtain the correct user name and password.
Step 2: Re-enter your user name and your password
To re-enter your user name and password information, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the left side of the window, select your email account.
- Enter your email address and your password.
- Verify that the "Incoming server" and "Outgoing server" entries are correct.
- Click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the window to close the window. Try to use the Send/Receive button again.
Article ID: 2449618 - Last Review: Sep 3, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011