- You install a hotfix package for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 on a computer that is running BizTalk Server 2009.
- You check the hardware inventory on the computer by using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
Note This operation returns a list of names for installed software.
For example, the displayed name for the installed hotfix package resembles the following in the returned list for the hardware inventory. However, the correct name is "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 Hotfix [See KB article kbnumber for detail]LDR."
Note kbnumber is a placeholder for a Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article number for the installed hotfix package.
When Setup.exe for the hotfix installation runs, Setup.exe does not add a correctly formatted null-terminated string. Therefore, the hardware inventory operation in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 reads beyond the hotfix registry entry. Therefore, the hardware inventory contains some additional characters that are meaningless.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Open Registry Editor. To do this, use the appropriate method for your operating system. For example, use one of the following methods:
- In Windows 2008, or in Windows Vista, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In Windows Server 2003, or in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 Hotfix [See KB article kbnumber for detail]LDR
- On the Edit menu, click Rename, do not make any changes, and then press Enter.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 2450458 - Last Review: Jan 5, 2011 - Revision: 1