To enable the Cardfile program, extract the Cardfile.exe file from the Windows 98 CD-ROM:
NOTE: If you are running Windows Me, see the article that is listed at the end of this section for information about how to extract files.
- Click Start, click Run, type sfc.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click Extract one file from installation disk.
- In the Specify the system file you would like to restore box, type cardfile.exe, and then click Start.
- In the Restore From box, type the drive letter and path to the Windows 98 source CD-ROM folder.
- In the Save File In box, type the full path to the Windows folder (for example, C:\Windows), and then click OK.
- Click OK when you see the "The file has been successfully extracted" message, and then click Close to quit System File Checker.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type cardfile, and then click OK to run Cardfile.
Article ID: 245157 - Last Review: Jan 24, 2007 - Revision: 1