Microsoft has released a new Java Virtual Machine (VM) to address security concerns. This article describes where to download the updated VM and how to install it.
To locate and download the latest version of the Microsoft Virtual Machine, please visit the following Microsoft World Wide Web site:
- Installation prerequisite for Microsoft Windows NT users: you must install Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) or later, prior to installing the Microsoft VM on x86 or Compaq DIGITAL Alpha architectures.
- If you have run any Java applets in the current browser session, quit and restart the browser. Return to the download page to continue with the download procedure.
- Select the self-extracting file that you want to download.
- When prompted, save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded file on your hard disk, and follow the instructions that appear.
Article ID: 245201 - Last Review: Nov 14, 2005 - Revision: 1