Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update includes the following improvements.
Improvements for all Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications
- Office for Mac includes forms-based authentication
This update includes forms-based authentication in Office for Mac for connecting to Microsoft Office SharePoint Servers. Forms-based authentication transmits user credentials through HTML forms that users complete. A token that contains the user credentials for the server is stored as a cookie in Office for Mac. The cookie can also be stored in the system Keychain and Safari’s cookie store if the user selects Remember Password or a similar option in the HTML form.
- Images that are copied from an Office for Mac application back to ChemDraw can be edited
This update fixes an issue that causes Office for Mac applications to lock images after they are copied back from an Office application to ChemDraw, a molecule editor.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes when a macro is enabled.
- Excel-calculated cells are updated when revisions are made to related data
This update fixes an issue that sometimes causes Excel-calculated cells not to update automatically after a change is made to related data until the pointer is positioned on the calculated cell.
- Reliability is improved when the FORMAT macro command is used
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to produce incorrect results when the FORMAT macro command is used.
Improvements for Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved when you build equations
This update fixes an issue that causes Word to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes when you build an equation. The issue specifically occurs when the user clicks the Convert selection to professional or Convert selection to linear buttons on the Equation Tools tab to format the equation into a one-dimensional form for easy editing or a two-dimensional form for professional display.
Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved during slide shows
This update fixes issues that cause PowerPoint to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes during a slide show.
- Compatibility with PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2010 is improved
This update fixes issues that cause numbered lists in PowerPoint 2007 and in PowerPoint 2010 not to be displayed correctly when the presentation is viewed in PowerPoint for Mac 2011.
Improvements for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Reliability is improved when you delete messages from multiple IMAP accounts
This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete only one message even after you select and delete multiple messages from different IMAP accounts in the unified inbox.
- Sync Services stops when you install a new update
This update fixes an issue that forces you to exit the Sync Services Agent manually, if it is enabled, before you install a new update.
- Email passwords are retained in the keychain after new accounts are imported into Outlook
This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete passwords from the keychain when new email accounts are imported into Outlook.
- Mailing list records are retained after a database rebuild
This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete all mailing list rules after a database rebuild.
- Reliability improved when importing Office 2008 identities into Office 2011
This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook to end the import process when Outlook imports identities that have a category called Untitled.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.0.1 Update package now.
Release Date: November 9, 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.0.1 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2454823 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3