- You use SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) to create a report model project.
- The report model project uses a SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) database as the data source.
- You deploy the report model project to a SQL Server 2008 R2 report server.
- You use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Report Builder 3.0 to create a dataset. The dataset uses the report model project as the data source.
- You design a semantic query for the dataset that filters some results for a field.
- You try to execute the query.
An error occurred when the query ran. Refer to the inner exception for details. (Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder)
Cumulative update information
Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2456499 - Last Review: Dec 20, 2010 - Revision: 1