You may want to remove Microsoft Office Online from a Windows Server 2008-based computer. However, when you try to do this by using Programs and Features in Control Panel, you receive the error message that is displayed in the following screen shot.
To remove Office Online from a computer that is running Windows Server 2008, click the "Fix it for me" button.
- You must restart the computer after you apply the Fix it solution.
- After you restart, you must run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard. To do this, you must first disconnect from the farm configuration, and then run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard. If the computer is part of a farm, you must rejoin the computer to the farm. You will need a pass phrase to rejoin the computer to the farm.
- The wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or to a CD and then run the solution on the computer that has the problem.
- Users who are running a 64-bit version of Windows should download and save the Fix it solution to the desktop and then double-click and run the solution on their computer. If they try to run the solution directly from this article, they will have problems.