Consider the following scenario:
- You create multiple variation sites in different languages in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010. You set an English language site as the source variation site.
- You create some search scopes in the appropriate language for each variation site.
- You add the search scopes for each language to a unique scope display group.
- You install the cumulative update in Knowledge Base (KB) article 975731.
To resolve this issue, apply this following hotfix package:
2458603 Description of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 hotfix package (coreserver-x-none.msp): December 14, 2010
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.
- Type UseUiLanguageDisplayGroupInSearchBox, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click UseUiLanguageDisplayGroupInSearchBox, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.