- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of Project Server 2010 SP1 improvementsSpecifically, these are the key areas of improvement in SP1:
- The Project Web App now supports all the SharePoint supported browsers in team member scenarios. The scenarios include timesheeting, my tasks, issues/risks, and the homepage.
- Fixed work and effort driven tasks can now be edited in the schedule Web Part.
- Manually scheduled tasks now support timephased edits in the timesheet, and usage views in the Project Web App and Project 2010.
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
- 2532126 Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
- After you install Project Server 2010 SP1, you must also install the June 2011 cumulative update refresh. For more information about this update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2536600 Description of the Project Server 2010 cumulative update refresh package (Project server-package): June 30, 2011
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: