- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packMethod 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft website:
Method 2: Download the SP1 package from Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Visio 2010 32-bit Service Pack 1 package now.
Download the Microsoft Visio 2010 64-bit Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 desktop packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
These are the key areas of improvement in SP1:
- Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors when you view Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG) files export in Internet Explorer 9.
- Improves the Greek Sigma when you use the Find feature.
- Fixes a problem with Organization Chart connectors rerouting when the Visio drawing is copied and pasted.
- Fixes the most common stability issues.
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: