Microsoft Search Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for Search Server 2010. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Search Server 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2510766 List of all Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) packages
Overview of Microsoft Search Server 2010 SP1 improvementsSpecifically, these are the key areas of improvement in SP1:
- Lets users search within PPSX files.
BUG #: 82003 (Office14)
- Scopes can be displayed in the correct language for non-English tenants, not just in English tenants.
BUG #: 810180 (Office14)
- Lets you use host-header site collections and crawl targets together.
BUG #: 815892 (Office14)
- An Order By clause can return results from multiple query components.
BUG #: 827335 (Office14)
- Turkish locale users who have SharePoint installed can search for any string in offline SharePoint help.
BUG #: 781776 (Office14)
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
2532126 Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2532120 Technical details about the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) releases
Article ID: 2460070 - Last Review: Jun 28, 2011 - Revision: 1