- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Search Server 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of Microsoft Search Server 2010 SP1 improvementsSpecifically, these are the key areas of improvement in SP1:
- Lets users search within PPSX files.
BUG #: 82003 (Office14)
- Scopes can be displayed in the correct language for non-English tenants, not just in English tenants.
BUG #: 810180 (Office14)
- Lets you use host-header site collections and crawl targets together.
BUG #: 815892 (Office14)
- An Order By clause can return results from multiple query components.
BUG #: 827335 (Office14)
- Turkish locale users who have SharePoint installed can search for any string in offline SharePoint help.
BUG #: 781776 (Office14)
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2460070 - Last Review: Jun 28, 2011 - Revision: 1