Microsoft Office Online Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for Office Online. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2510766 List of all Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) packages
If the Office Online will be used in a mixed version environment, where Office Online has SP1-or-later applied while SharePoint Server 2010 remains on the Release To Manufacturing (RTM) version, you must install the following two updates before you install SP1 for the Office Online:
- 2510639 Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 update: April 12, 2011
- 2510648 Description of the Office Online update: April 12, 2011
Overview of Office Online SP1 improvementsThese are the key areas of improvement in SP1.
All Office Online
- OpenDocument Format (ODF) support:
Lets you view and edit ODF documents in Office Online.
- Lets you use Office Online with the Google Chrome browser.
- Outlook Web App document attachment viewing (for Exchange Online only):
Lets you view Office document attachments in the browser directly from Outlook Web App.
- Lets you use Office Online with Internet Explorer 9 in Native mode.
Lets you print Word documents from Edit mode (in addition to View mode).
- Added a Close button.
- Lets you insert charts in Excel Online.
- Lets you copy and paste values and formulas by dragging the fill handle.
- Lets you print presentations from PowerPoint Online.
- Lets you edit text in more shapes, not just placeholder shapes.
- Lets you insert clip art in PowerPoint Online. (By default clip art support is disabled. An administrator can decide to enable it.)
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
2532126 Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2532120 Technical details about the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) releases