An update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available. This article describes the issues that are fixed and the hotfixes that are included in this update. This update is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Build number and file names for this updateThe build number of the update packages for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 server release candidate, for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Microsoft Office Outlook, and for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router is 5.0.9688.53.
The file names for the 32-bit versions of the update rollup packages are as follows:
Automatic installationTo automatically install the update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you can use Windows Update. You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This can address noncritical problems and help improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.
To learn more about the types of updates that Microsoft publishes, see Turn automatic updating on or off and Change how Windows installs or notifies you about updates.
To install the update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then in the search box, type Update. In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts to review important updates, you can view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check box for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Manual installationTo manually install update 2460181 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Update catalog website:
- Type 2461081 in the Search box, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
323166 How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
Additional installation informationAfter you install this update rollup, delete the temporary files in Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Use one of the following methods, as appropriate for the version of Internet Explorer that you use:
- In Internet Explorer 7, click Delete in the Browsing history area, click Delete files in the Temporary Internet Files area, and then click Yes.
- In Internet Explorer 6, click Delete files in the Temporary Internet Files area, and then click OK.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installed to apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementIf you are prompted, restart the computer after you apply the update.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Removal informationYou can remove this update on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. However, you should back up your databases before you uninstall this update.
Issues that are resolved in this update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011The update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 resolves the following issues that were not previously documented in a Knowledge Base article:
- You receive a “CountryCurrencyNotSupported” error message with RON currency in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- You receive an exception error when you click Cancel in the convert wizard on the PCS payment instrument page
- There are changes to the timing of updates for the LastUpgradeApproachingNotificationCheck server setting table
- When you click Get CRM For Outlook with a preferred language of Dutch, the "Run" option is missing
- The Number of Employees list in the Cyprus Market Sign-Up displays the numbers in the list incorrectly
- The View tab is incorrectly displayed as the first tab in the entity grid ribbon
- You receive an "An error has occurred" error message when you click Help in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- You receive a "The Collation specified by SQL Server is not supported" error message when you provision a template
- When you try to convert a subscription, you are required to log out and then log back in
- The "ControlFeaturesOnPatchAction" file is not executed
- When you change the user password, the encrypted password becomes invalid
- The Email Router stops processing email when the CRM Live authentication token expires
- When you upgrade from the beta version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the non-wizard custom Rrports are not published when a move and upgrade is performed
- Custom picklist options that you created in system picklists in the beta version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 are lost when you upgrade from the beta version to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- When you perform an Import Organization operation to upgrade from the beta version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you receive a "The Label expression for the chart ‘Chart0’ contains an error: [BC30057] Too many arguments to 'Public Shared Function GetCultureInfo" error message
Article ID: 2461081 - Last Review: Jan 23, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011