Build number and file names for this updateThe build number of the update packages for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 server, for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Microsoft Office Outlook, and for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router is 5.0.9688.590.
The file names for the 32-bit versions of the update rollup packages are as follows:
Automatic installationTo automatically install the update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you can use Windows Update. You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This can address noncritical problems and help improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.
To learn more about the kinds of updates that Microsoft publishes, visit the following Microsoft websites:
How to change how Windows installs or notifies you about updates
- Click Start, and then in the search box, type Update. In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts to review important updates, you can view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check box for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Manual installationTo manually install the March 2011 update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Update catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2461083 , and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
Additional installation informationAfter you install this update rollup, you must delete the temporary files in Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Use one of the following methods, as appropriate for the version of Internet Explorer that you use:
- In Internet Explorer 7, click Delete in the Browsing history area, click Delete files in the Temporary Internet Files area, and then click Yes.
- In Internet Explorer 6, click Delete files in the Temporary Internet Files area, and then click OK.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 build 5.0.9688.583 installed to apply this update rollup.
For more information about Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 build 5.0.9688.583, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementIf you are prompted, restart the computer after you apply the update.
Removal informationYou can remove this update from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. However, you should back up your databases before you uninstall this update.
Issues that this update resolvesThe March 2011 update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 resolves the following issues that were not previously documented in a Knowledge Base article:
- Email messages are moved to an undeliverable folder unexpectedly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 if the Exchange Web Service (EWS) maximum concurrency value in Microsoft Exchange Server is greater than 15.
- You receive an email message that contains an incorrect URL after an asynchronous job finishes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- The custom ribbon controls that are dynamically generated are disabled after the first use in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- When you browse to a form that contains subgrids in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the parent form and the grid mark-up are displayed together instead of being displayed separately.
- Assume that you sign up for an organization in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. You track an email message in which the primary email address is the same as the email address that you used to sign up for the organization. In this situation, you receive the following error message:The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it.
- Customer roles that you renamed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 revert to their original name when you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Assume that you create a dynamic marketing list without attaching a query in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. When you run the Quick Campaign function on the dynamic marketing list, an incorrect number of records are used.
- Assume that you create a dynamic marketing list without attaching a query in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. When you create a mail merge for the dynamic marketing list, an incorrect number of records are used.
- You experience slow performance when you browse to a record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- After you upgrade to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 server, you cannot track items as expected when you use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client.
- All reports on the Run Report menu are disabled after you click to select the Results check box in the Advanced Find dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.