Icons are displayed incorrectly on the taskbar:
If a pinned program’s icon is not displayed correctly in the taskbar, follow these steps to remove the incorrect icon and re-pin the program to the taskbar:
- Right-click the incorrect icon in the taskbar.
- Click Yes when you are prompted, and then delete the icon from the taskbar.
- Click Start, and then locate the program.
- Right-click the program's icon, and then click Pin to taskbar.
Program is running: To re-pin the program to taskbar if the program is running, and the program icon is displayed in the taskbar, right-click the program’s icon on the taskbar, and then select Pin this program to taskbar.
Program is not running: To re-pin the program to the taskbar if the program is not running, and the program icon is not in the taskbar, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and locate the program.
- Right-click the program’s icon, and then click Pin to taskbar.
For more information about how to pin a program to the taskbar, click the following link to view the article on the Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2461919 - Last Review: Aug 16, 2011 - Revision: 1