- Shutting down
- Suspending or resuming from Standby mode
- Suspending or resuming from Hibernate mode
- Check to be sure your computer and all devices are on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) and have WHQL signed and certified drivers. You can use Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.
- Check for driver updates that may be available for your hardware.
- Update software that uses filter drivers (for example, anti-virus, remote control, and backup software).
- Uninstall any non-critical devices and software to help isolate the device/software that may be causing the problem.
- Install Windows in a new folder. Add drivers and restart as you proceed to isolate the driver that is causing the problem.
Article ID: 246243 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2009 - Revision: 1