This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition issue that is fixed in the update that is dated November 2010.
Issues that this update fixThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- This cumulative update contains several back-end code fixes to improve the stability of Office Communicator 2007 R2 Phone Edition.
This cumulative update also fixes the following issues that are fixed in the previously released updates:
- The Private branch exchange (PBX) caller name does not appear on Office Communicator Phone Edition 2007 R2 devices.
- The "Dial x for an outside line" message translation in Korean might not be fully explanatory in Office Communicator Phone Edition 2007 R2.
- Tanjay unlocks when you sign in on Fuze or Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- You cannot call a number on Tanjay when the number maps to a blocked Outlook contact without any instant messaging (IM) address. This issue does not occur on Microsoft Office Communicator.
- After some regions change their rules for daylight saving time, a phone that uses Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition is one hour off.
- When you connect your IP phone through the Internet, the telephone call logs are not populated with received or dialed calls.
- When you block a contact, you cannot call that contact from the Contact List.
- After you apply the update package described in KB 972398 to your IP phone, the telephone performance becomes slow. The response time of the dial pad also becomes slow.
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the UCUpdates.exe package now.
Release Date: November 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following update:
2267962 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition: July 2010
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis update package contains an image for a device that is running Communicator 2007 R2 Phone Edition. This image is version 6907.222.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2466291 - Last Review: Nov 19, 2010 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 Phone Edition