- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS)
- World Wide Web (WWW) Publishing
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Publishing
- Network New Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
- Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP)
To work around this behavior, manually remove the extra spaces in the port range data:
- Use Registry Editor (Regedt32).
- Locate and select the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\Internet\Ports
- In the right pane, double-click the Ports value.
- Delete the spaces immediately before and after the hyphen in the port range.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS)
MSCS or Clussvc may not start as well and you may receive the following:
Event ID: 7023Service Control ManagerN/A<Servername>
The Cluster Server service terminated with the following error: %%1721
If we check the error code for 1721, it states:
Resolution: The same workaround applies. The version of Dcomcnfg.exe has also been updated with a hotfix post SP6a to address this issue. This issue does not appear to affect Windows 2000 solutions.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 246784 - Last Review: Oct 31, 2006 - Revision: 1