- You create a merge publication for an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and add a subscriber of SQL Server Compact 3.5.
- You add two articles to the merge publication. Then, you add a join filter between these two articles.
Note For example, the articles are table A and table B. Then, you create a join filter that only replicates the rows of table B to satisfy the join condition with table A.
- You insert some rows into the two articles.
- You successfully create a snapshot for the merge publication.
- You insert some rows into table A to make some rows of table B eligible to be replicated based on the join filter condition.
- You try to reinitialize the subscription of SQL Server Compact 3.5, or add a new subscriber of SQL Server Compact 3.5.
HRESULT 0x80004005 (29006)
An error occurred while reading the .bcp data file for the 'MSmerge_rowtrack' article. If the .bcp file is corrupt, you must regenerate the snapshot before initializing the Subscriber.HRESULT 0x8004563C (0)
The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write.
HRESULT 0x80045017 (0)
Note The merge insert trigger is generated when the merge publication is created.
For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Run a query that resembles the following:
-- create script for dummy updates:
SELECT 'exec sp_mergedummyupdate @source_object = ''' + sma.name + ''', @rowguid = ''' + cast(cts.rowguid as nvarchar(36)) + ''''--, *
FROM sysmergearticles sma INNER JOIN MSmerge_contents cts ON sma.nickname = cts.tablenick WHERE cts.lineage=0x00
- Copy the generated Transact-SQL update statement into a query window, and then execute the statement.
Article ID: 2479589 - Last Review: Feb 14, 2011 - Revision: 1