Consider the following scenario:
- You enable Outlook Anywhere on a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- You set the SSLOffloading setting to False.
- You clear the Require SSL check box on the Default Web Site website in the Internet Information Services Manager.
- You select the Require SSL check box on the RPC virtual directory in the Internet Information Services Manager.
- You wait 15 minutes, or you restart the Microsoft Exchange Service Host service.
This issue occurs because the RPC virtual directory inherits the value of the Require SSL settingfrom the Default Web Site website.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2530488 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3Note After you apply this update, the Require SSL check box on the RPC virtual directory is always selected if the SSLOffloading setting is set to False.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2480197 - Last Review: Mar 31, 2011 - Revision: 1
Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3, Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition