Assume below scenario:
- Create test1.xlsx, input some data with % format.
- Create a chart based the data, then show data table from Chart Tools->Layout->Data table->Show Data Table
- Create a new workbook, named test2.xlsx
- Copy chart from test1.xlsx to test2.xlsx
When you close test1.xlsx, in test2.xlsx you will find percentage (%) format in chart data table and axis changes to numeric format.
By default, data table and axis formatting of pasted chart are linked to source workbook. Once the source workbook is closed, the link is lost, and hence percentage (%) format is changed to default numeric format.
For axis , you can avoid this issue by unlinking the axis formatting:
- Right click axis in chart
- Click Format Axis
- Click Number tab
- Uncheck "Linked to Source" checkbox
For data table, it is always linked to source data so the issue cannot be avoided.