- You use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) to create a report server project.
- You add a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services report to the project. The report uses Hyperion Essbase as the data source.
Note SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) includes a data processing extension that lets you use data from a Hyperion Essbase data source in a report.
- You design a multidimensional expression (MDX) query. The MDX query is not designed by using the query designer.
Note SSRS provides a graphical query designer to build the MDX queries for a Hyperion Essbase data source.
- The MDX query references a dimension or measure. The unique name for the dimension or measure contains a dot (.) character.
- You reference the dimension or measure name in a text box or in a group expression.
- You try to generate the report.
- The text box contains the following error message:#ERROR
- The group expression generates an exception.
The extension parses the field name at the dot (.) character. However, the dot character that is between [ and ] is not a delimiter.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 6. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2481926 - Last Review: Feb 21, 2011 - Revision: 1