To find the phone number for the CSC nearest you and install your reissued licenses:
- Start the Terminal Services Licensing tool on your Windows 2000 server.
- On the View menu, click Properties.
- Click the Connection Method tab.
- In the drop-down box, click Telephone and your country.
- Click OK.
- On the Action menu, click Install Licenses to start the Licensing wizard and obtain the telephone number.
- Call the CSC and describe your need to reissue licenses.
- The CSR guides you through the process.
Physically removing the TS CALImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
If you want to physically remove the TS CAL from the original client device, you can delete the local registry key containing the license. This ensures that the client cannot connect to a terminal server in the future without being issued a new license.
Microsoft recommends that only system administrators who are knowledgeable about the Windows 2000 registry make this change. Note that deleting this key only removes the license from the client; it does not remove the issuance history contained in the Terminal Services License server.
All licenses under MSLicensing are TS CALs. LICENSE000, LICENSE001, LICENSE002, and so on are used in succession until an empty slot is found. There is no particular mapping of license numbers to license types.
The key to be deleted is LICENSE000 or LICENSE00x:
Article ID: 248430 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2009 - Revision: 1