Assume that you have a mail-enabled security group in an Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) environment. You try to change the ManagedBy attribute of the group by using the Exchange Management Console (EMC). In this situation, you receive the following error message:
Note This issue does not occur in the release version of Exchange Server 2010.
You do not have sufficient permissions. This operation can only be performed by a manager of the group.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To reproduce this issue, follow these steps:
- Create a Universal Distribution Group in Active directory Users and Computer (ADUC).
- Mail-enable the group by using the EMC in Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Change the group to a Universal Security group in ADUC.
- In the EMC, click the Group Information tab on the Properties page of the group.
- Change the user in the ManagedBy attribute, and then click the OK button.