"The wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard. If you do not have permissions to do this on your computer, please contact your help desk representative."
To resolve this issue, install the following hotfix:
2687341 Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Mso-x-none.msp, Oobe-x-none.msp, Osetup-x-none.msp): September 7, 2010
1. Remove the stand-alone installation of Microsoft Access 2010.
2. Add Access from the Office Professional 2010 installation using one of the two following methods.
- Close any open Office 2010 programs.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Right-click on the Office Professional 2010 installation.
- Select Change,and then click Add or Remove Features.
- Click Continue.
- Select the dropdown to the left of Microsoft Access and select either "Run from my computer" or "Run all from my computer". Note that "Run from my computer" allows you to select or deselect features to install with Microsoft Access.
- Click Continue. Microsoft Office Professional 2010 will reconfigure.
For administrative installations on multiple computers, create an .msp file to add Microsoft Access to the existing Office 2010 installation.
See the More Information section for resources on creating an .msp file.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
With administrative installs, you can create an .msp file to update the existing install so that any product you had originally set to "Not Available" will be installed. Refer to the following articles:
- How to install Office 2010 applications for a subset of users in your organization
- Change users’ configurations after installing the 2010 Office systemThe following resources were created for Office 2007 but should still apply to Office 14 in terms of creating the MSP:
- When attempting to copy a record in Microsoft Access 2010 Datasheet View, Access stops responding.
- Error attempting to import a file in Microsoft Access 2010: "Microsoft Access can't start this wizard. This feature is not available...".
Article ID: 2488177 - Last Review: Jan 8, 2013 - Revision: 1