- You have a computer that is running a secondary instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 in a two-server database mirror.
- CPU usage reaches 100 percent on the computer, and you cannot stop the SQL Server service by using SQL Server Management Tools.
- You end the process of the SQL Server secondary instance by using Task Manager.
- You restart the secondary instance of SQL Server.
Method 1Recycle the endpoint on the database mirror. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the principal database, execute the following SQL script to stop the endpoint:
ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STOPPED
- Execute the following SQL script to restart the endpoint:
ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STARTED
ALTER DATABASE <Database Name> SET PARTNER RESUME
Method 2Delete and re-create the database mirroring endpoints on both servers.
Article ID: 2490051 - Last Review: Jan 30, 2013 - Revision: 1