Method 1Disable DEP for the application in question. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click System, and then click Advanced system settings. The System Properties dialog appears.
- In the Performance section, click Settings. The Performance Options dialog opens.
- On the Data Execution Prevention tab, select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, and then click Add.
- Select the executable file of the problematic application.
- Click Apply, and then restart the system.
Method 2Disable IAT. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server
- Click New, and then click DWORD (32bit) Value.
- Type IAT to name the new DWORD value, and then press Enter.
- Right-click IAT, click Modify, and then type 1 in the Value data box.
- Restart the system.
For more information about the /TSAWARE (Create Terminal Server Aware Application) option, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
Article ID: 2498855 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1