- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues with this security update
- By default, this update tries to write a log file to a temp directory that is specified in the registry (%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp). If this directory does not exist or is unavailable, the installation will fail. To resolve this issue, you can try the following:
- Run the installation from the command line, and provide a valid path to a directory for the log file to be written. For example, in the following command, replace <directory> by using a valid directory path, such as C:\Temp: MSChart_KB2500170.exe /log <directory>
- Run the installation from the command line, and provide a valid path to a directory for the log file to be written. For example, in the following command, replace <directory> by using a valid directory path, such as C:\Temp:
Prerequisites to apply this security updateThere are no prerequisites for installing this security update.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
Security update replacement informationThis security update does not replace a previously released security update.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
For all supported versions of Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1