This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Core Components issue that is fixed in the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Core Components that is dated April, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issue:
- 2517717 "Organizational unit (OU) or container does not exist" error message when you run the "New-CsAdminRole" command together with the "UserScope" parameter in a Lync Server 2010 environment
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the OcsCore.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
2467775 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Core Components: January 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative update, install the KB2500444-amd64-OCSCore.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Director
- Lync Server 2010 – Edge Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Standalone Mediation Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Monitoring Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Archiving Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Administration Tools
- Lync Server 2010 – Survivable Branch Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Trusted application servers
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, you are prompted for the source CD when you try to uninstall the cumulative update. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Default.tmx||Not Applicable||13,856,106||31-Mar-2011||05:12||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2500444 - Last Review: Apr 20, 2011 - Revision: 1