Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2184776 The “Use content tools” and “Use the content pane to select and add content” option in Attendee Permissions are checked incorrectly for a meeting which is hosted on an Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Web Conferencing Server
- 980095 An update package is available to disable the “Ask questions” and “Chat” options in Office Live Meeting 2007
- 972718 The content folders for a new conference are not created when the new conference is initialized in Office Communications Server 2007 R2
Update package information
Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the DataMCU.msp package now.
Release Date: March 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By Contacting Microsoft SupportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to resolve only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this udpate.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces update package2028582. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative package, install the OCS2007-KB2501717-amd64-DataMCU.msp package on the following server roles:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Standard Edition
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Web Conferencing Server
- Click Start, click
All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Start the cumulative update (.msp).
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You may be prompted to restart your computer after you uninstall the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Web Conferencing Server.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issue that is listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|