This article describes the issues that are fixed in the update package for Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Web Components Server that is dated April, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update package fixes
This update package fixes the following issues:
- 2517687 Mediation Server does not associate the correct bypass ID in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2517715 You cannot make PSTN calls after your call is routed to a Mediation server in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2517761 "SIP/2.0 408 Request Timeout" error message is incorrectly logged on a Mediation server in a Lync 2010 environment
- 2539642 "SIP/2.0 504 Cannot connect to gateway. Socket error: TimedOut" error message when a PSTN call is routed to a Mediation server in Lync Server 2010
This cumulative update, together with update 2500442, fixes the following issue:
- 2500421 The call history information is incomplete in Lync Server 2010 Mediation ServerNote To resolve this issue, apply the update that is mentioned in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2502810 and 2500442.
For more information, click the following KB article number:
2500442 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010: April 2011
- 2468523 The meeting details tool tip is not localized when you join a meeting by using Lync Web App
- 2475336 The text on the “IM”, “Phone” and “Share” buttons are cut off in Lync 2010 Web App
- 2495788 You cannot join an Audio/Video conference and you hear a fast busy tone when you try to join the conference by using Lync 2010
This cumulative update, together with the update that mentioned in KB article 2467776, fixes the following issue:
- 2470417 A Lync 2010 user cannot share the desktop or share an application during a Lync online meeting that contains an OCS 2007 R2 user and a Lync 2010 userNote To resolve this issue, apply the update that is mentioned in KB 2449497 and 2467776.
For more information, click the following KB article number:2467776 Description of the update package for Lync Server 2010, Conferencing Server: January 2011
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MediationServer.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to resolve only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo apply this update package, install the KB2502810-x64-MediationServer.msp package on computers in your network that are running the following platforms:
- Lync Server 2010 - Mediation Server
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You may be prompted for restart after you uninstall the update for Lync Server 2010, Mediation Server.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2502810 - Last Review: Aug 18, 2011 - Revision: 1