When you view the Users page of the Office 365 portal in Microsoft Office 365, you receive the following message:
Additionally, you experience the following symptoms:
- Exchange Online licenses are missing for users who were created in the Exchange admin center or in Exchange Online PowerShell.
- Sudden mailbox loss for users who were created in the Exchange admin center or Exchange Online PowerShell.
This occurs if the user mailboxes are created in the Exchange admin center, and the users aren't yet assigned a license.
Create a view in the Office 365 portal to display a list of users who have mailboxes but who don't have a license. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com) as an admin.
- Click users and groups, and then click active users.
- Click Filter (), and then in the drop-down box, click Unlicensed users.
Users must be assigned a license, or the mailbox is deleted. From the time that the user mailbox is created in the Exchange admin center, admins have 60 days to assign the user a license in the Office 365 portal.
Article ID: 2506570 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Online