- You have a report that is created by using a version of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) that is an earlier version than SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- The report is large.
For example, the report has many pages.
- You move the report to a SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services server.
- You view the report in Internet Explorer.
Note The report-creation time is logged in the runtime logged data for the report.
If you disable the toolbar of the Report Viewer control by specifying the following parameter in the URL, the performance improves significantly:
Cumulative update information
The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 7. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Optimize the pagination for the report when you design the report.
For more information about how to optimize the pagination for the report, visit the following MSDN website:
- Disable the toolbar of the Report Viewer control by specifying the rc:Toolbar=false parameter in the URL
Article ID: 2506799 - Last Review: Apr 18, 2011 - Revision: 1