Microsoft has released Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) that is dated May 28, 2011. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2531208 You cannot synchronize a folder hierarchy by using Outlook for Mac 2011 in an Exchange Server 2007 SP3 environment
- 2528437 EWS applications cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007 servers after you make changes on accepted domains
- 2521063 You are incorrectly displayed as a meeting organizer after you synchronize the meeting by using your mobile device in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2517337 You cannot open a mailbox that has a "#" character in the primary SMTP email address by using OWA in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2515428 The MSExchangeMailboxAssistants.exe process crashes when the managed folder assistant tries to journal a message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2508872 The W3WP.exe process in the Autodiscover application pool on the Exchange Server 2007 Client Access servers consumes excessive CPU resources
- 2507374 "Cannot open this item" error message in Outlook online mode in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2506827 A UM auto attendant times out and generates an invalid extension number error message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2502276 A meeting request series is deleted unexpectedly from the calendar in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2498924 "Could not connect to a directory server" error message when you click the last page button in the search results in Exchange Server 2007 OWA
- 2498156 OLM/OLD incorrectly runs against databases in a RSG in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2496806 A mobile phone times out when you use ActiveSync to synchronize the calendar on the mobile phone with an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox
- 2543879 A PDF attachment sent from a Mac Mail client is not displayed when you open the email message by using Outlook 2010 in an Exchange Server 2007 SP3 environment
- 2491751 The spelling checker does not work correctly in OWA when an S/MIME control is used and when SSL Offloading is enabled in Exchange Server 2007
- 2484147 "HTTP Error 400 Bad Request" error message when you use OWA to log on to a newly created Exchange Server 2007 mailbox
- 2466220 Question mark (?) characters appear in the subject of a reply email message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2223294 A new feature is available to disable the "No end date" check box in OWA when you create a recurring meeting item in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 977906 You receive an error message when you run certain commands in the EMS on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 2495010 The EdgeTransport.exe process consumes 100 percent of CPU resources on an Exchange Server 2010 Edge Transport server or an Exchange Server 2007 Edge Transport server
- 2484817 A mailbox does not show in certain address lists after you run commands on an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox
Update rollup informationTo download and to install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, visit the following Microsoft Update website:
Note Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 are not detected on clustered Exchange Server 2007 systems by Microsoft Update.
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2007. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to clustered servers that are running Exchange Server 2007. The update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center.
The update rollup is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Release Date: July 7, 2011
- Before you install these update, we recommend that you read the prerequisites, installation instructions, and known issues for the update. For more information, visit the following Microsoft website:
- Before you install an update rollup to clustered Mailbox servers, we recommend that you read the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, visit the following Microsoft website:
- This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM) version, to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the corresponding series of update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, for Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and for Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, to Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or to Exchange Server 2007 SP2, visit the following Microsoft website:
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2509911.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2509911 - Last Review: Aug 10, 2011 - Revision: 1