For Windows 8
For Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type services.msc, and then press Enter.
- In the list of services, locate and then double-click the Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant service.
- Stop the service. To do this, click Stop, and then wait until the service stops. The Service status should be displayed as Stopped.
- Start the service. To do this, click Start, and then wait until the service starts. The Service status should be displayed as Started.
- Verify that the issue is resolved and the pop-up dialog box is no longer displayed.
- If you continue to see the pop-dialog box, restart the computer, and then verify that the issue is resolved.
- Check whether the problem is fixed.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 2512032 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1