c2WTS is part of the Windows Identity Foundation framework (WIF) which is one of the dependencies of SharePoint. The framework installation does not include the service dependency automatically.
1. Open the command-prompt window.
2. Type: sc config c2wts depend= CryptSvc
3. Find the Claims to Windows Token Service in the services console (click Start | Run | services.msc).
4. Open the properties for the service.
5. Check the Dependencies tab. Make sure Cryptographic Services is listed.
6. Click OK.
The next time the system reboots, Cryptography Services will start before c2WTS starts which resolves the dependency problem and the intermittent problem. If you are using SharePoint 2010 this must be done in all servers running the service.
Article ID: 2512597 - Last Review: Mar 16, 2011 - Revision: 1