This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 issue that is fixed in the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Conferencing Server that is dated April, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issue:
- 2497111 Application sharing does not work when you initiate an application-sharing session that includes more than two hundred users by using Lync 2010
This cumulative update also fixes the issue that is previously documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
- 2470417 A Lync 2010 user cannot share his desktop or share an application during a Lync online meeting that contains an OCS 2007 R2 user and a Lync 2010 user
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the OCSMCU.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the released cumulative update that is described in KB article 2467776.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2467776 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Conferencing Server: January 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, install the KB2514975-amd64-OCSMCU.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition - Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Note After you uninstall this cumulative update, the following services may be disabled:
- The Lync Server Application Sharing service
- The Lync Server Audio/Video Conferencing service
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Double-click the name of the service that you want to modify.
- In the Startup type box, select Automatic, and then click Apply.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010