This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated November, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update package fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2621833 The OBR component incorrectly marks the Mediation server as down after the CAC feature is enabled in Lync Server 2010
- 2637964 The IMs from a federated user are not captured and archived in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2621835 485 error when the QoE reports cannot be delivered to a Monitoring server in Lync Server 2010
- 2589546 An update is available to clean up the bad state information of a user who uses an Office Communicator client to log on to a Lync Server 2010 server
- 2565378 An update is available that improves the efficiency of PSTN call routing in Lync Server 2010
- 2592289 The SIP addresses in the address book file are missing in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2592291 The SUBSCRIBE request for unverified clients is not rejected in Lync Server 2010
- 2601461 The Invalid_AD_Phone_Numbers.txt file is not generated in the Address Book files in a Lync Server 2010 environment
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Server.msp package now.
Release Date: November 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following previously released cumulative update:
2571546 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: July 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, install the KB2571546-amd64-Server.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition - Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,519||21-Jul-11||1:32||Not Applicable|
|Dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,283,638||15-Nov-11||17:37||Not Applicable|
|Dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,754||15-Nov-11||17:37||Not Applicable|
|File_outboundrouting.am||Not Applicable||10,336||7-Apr-11||12:39||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010