Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 website that uses Commerce Web Parts.
- You deploy the website to a SharePoint server by using SharePoint Commerce Services Configuration Wizard.
- You configure some values in the ChannelConfiguration.config file of the website.
- You click Site Actions - > Site Settings - >Manage Site Features, and then you click Deactivate to deactivate the Commerce Server Channel Configuration feature.
This issue occurs because of an error in Commerce Server 2009 Web Parts.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 or Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 Template Pack for SharePoint 2010 installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix. However, you must restart Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Commerce Server Catalog Import Host COM+ application after you apply this hotfix.
To restart IIS, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
IISRESET /RESTARTNote This command stops and then restarts all IIS services that are running on a computer.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Installation stepsIf you use Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 together with SharePoint Server 2010, download and install the hotfix package that has the "CS2009TP_KB2516181" label. If you use Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 RTM together with SharePoint Server 2007, download and install the hotfix package that has the "CS2009RTM_KB2516181" label. These two hotfix packages contain the following files and a source folder that has the ChannelConfigurationFeatureReceiver.cs file:
- For the "CS2009TP_KB2516181" hotfix package:
- For the "CS2009RTM_KB2516181" hotfix package:
- The installation file that you have to install depends on the version of SharePoint on the computer that is running Commerce Server.
- You must use the local administrator account when you install this hotfix, or you must run the hotfix by using the Run as Administrator option. If you are running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or a later operating system, and if User Account Control (UAC) is enabled, we recommend that you use the Run as Administrator option.
- Situation 1
If no sites are deployed, run SharePoint Commerce Services Configuration Wizard to deploy the new site by using the updated MicrosoftCommerceWebParts.WSP solution file.
- Situation 2
If some sites are deployed, deploy the updated Web solution package (WSP) file by using the following stsadm command:stsadm -o upgradesolution -name microsoftcommercewebparts.wsp -filename MicrosoftCommerceWebParts.WSP -immediate -allowgacdeployment
- Situation 3
If Web Parts are customized by using the CommerceSharePointExtensibilityKit tool, follow these steps:
- Locate the updated source ChannelConfigurationFeatureReceiver.cs file in the source folder that is contained in this hotfix package.
- Use this source file to replace the ChannelConfigurationFeatureReceiver.cs file that is in the CommerceSharePointExtensibilityKit folder.
- Compile the assemblies for the Web Parts.
- Deploy the new MicrosoftCommerceWebParts.WSP file.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 Template Pack for SharePoint 2010
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Channelconfigurationfeaturereceiver.cs||Not Applicable||11,217||16-Mar-2011||06:32||Not Applicable|
|microsoftcommercewebparts.wsp||Not applicable||707,785||02-Mar-2011||21:26||Not applicable|
Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 RTM
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|microsoftcommercewebparts.wsp||Not applicable||699,657||03-Mar-2011||21:44||Not applicable|
|Channelconfigurationfeaturereceiver.cs||Not Applicable||11,210||16-Mar-2011||03:55||Not Applicable|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to use the Channel Configuration feature, visit the following MSDN website:
Article ID: 2516181 - Last Review: Mar 31, 2011 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 Enterprise, Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 Standard