Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy a BizTalk application to a BizTalk group on a computer that is running Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 or Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010.
- You have a resource file in the application that contains a schema.
- You deploy another BizTalk application that depends on the same schema. For example, the second application contains a map that references the schema in the first application. Then, you delete the second BizTalk application.
- You update the resource by using a file that updates the schema in the first application. Additionally, the update changes the schema design but keeps the same name and version number.
- You import the second BizTalk application into the BizTalk group by using the BizTalk Server Administration Console.
When you close and reopen the BizTalk Server Administration Console, you receive the same error message when you try to expand the Applications folder. This prevents you from administrating other applications in the same BizTalk group.
Schema referenced by Map ’map_name’ has been deleted. The local, cached version of the BizTalk Server group configuration is out of date. You must refresh the BizTalk Server group configuration before making further changes.
The issue occurs because the BizTalk Server Administration Console mishandles the exception if there is an incorrect reference between a schema and a map.
Cumulative update information
BizTalk Server 2009The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 6 for BizTalk Server 2009. For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2689457 Cumulative update package 6 for BizTalk Server 2009
BizTalk Server 2010The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 1. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for BizTalk Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2497789 Cumulative update package 1 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.