This article also applies to any edition of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express.
Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional or any edition of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express on a computer.
- You download and install Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 (also known as Windows SDK v7.1).
- You upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- If Visual Studio 2010 Professional is upgraded, IA-64-based compilers and any associated Visual C++ library files are removed.
- If Visual Studio 2010 Express is upgraded, x64-based compilers, IA-64-based compilers, and any associated Visual C++ library files are removed.
Update informationThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Compiler Update for Windows SDK 7.1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 (also known as Windows SDK v7.1) installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update does not replace any other update.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
If you try to install Windows SDK v7.1 after you upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 SP1, the Visual C++ compiler features might be blocked during the setup process. To resolve this issue, run the Windows SDK 7.1 Setup again, clear the Visual C++ Compilers check box, and then complete the setup. After Windows SDK v7.1 is installed, install the update that is described in the "Update information" section.
Article ID: 2519277 - Last Review: Mar 30, 2011 - Revision: 1