The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
When you start Windows Internet Explorer 8, you may receive one of the following error messages:
- Internet Explorer has stopped working
- Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needs to close
This problem occurs because the "Google Toolbar" Internet Explorer add-on is incompatible with the version of Internet Explorer that you are using.
Update to the latest Google ToolbarTo update to the latest Google Toolbar, click the following button to visit the Google Website: Find it on a third party site
Disable the Google Toolbar add-onTo have us disable the Google Toolbar add-on for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix works for all language versions of Windows.
Let me fix it myselfTo fix this yourself, follow these steps:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- When you see the message that states that the "Google Toolbar add-on can cause Internet Explorer to crash or to stop responding," click Always open Internet Explorer without this add-on.
Article ID: 2519426 - Last Review: Aug 16, 2012 - Revision: 1