Issue that is resolved in this hotfix packageWhen you click a command on any menu in ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or in ProClarity Web Professional 6.3, you receive the following error message:
- You run ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Web Professional 6.3 on a computer that has more than one monitor.
- The desktop switches to display on a single monitor. This usually occurs when you disconnect some monitors to keep only one monitor, or you remotely connect to the computer from a computer that has a single monitor.
Important notes about this hotfix package
- We recommend that you back up the existing components in ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 and in ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 before you install this hotfix package.
- To uninstall this hotfix package, you must uninstall ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 or ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3.
How to obtain this hotfix packageA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
How to apply this hotfix packageAfter you run the ProClarityHotfix632233101.exe file, the following files are extracted to a specified folder:
To apply this hotfix package on a computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, run the PAS63Hotfix2233.exe file.
To distribute the PRO63Hotfix2233.exe file from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, follow these steps:
- Open Analytics Server Administration Tool.
- In the console tree, expand
Administration Tool, expand the node that corresponds to the server, right-click Components, and then click New Component.
- In the
Component information file box, specify the PRO63Hotfix2233.xml file that is in the folder where you extracted the package, and then click OK.
PrerequisitesBefore you apply this hotfix package, you must have the x86-based version of Active Template Library (ATL) security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed. Additionally, you must be running ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Web Professional 6.3.
For more information about the ATL security update, visit the following Microsoft Download Center website: